Chief Executive Officer
Laura Lafayette is the Chief Executive Officer of the Richmond Association of REALTORS® and the Central Virginia Regional Multiple Listing Service—two organizations that serve the over 4,000 REALTORS® in the Central Virginia area. In addition, she serves as the Executive Director of the Partnership for Housing Affordability, a non-profit dedicated to ensuring that an adequate and diverse supply of affordable housing is a public policy priority in the Richmond metropolitan area.
Within the broader community, Laura serves as a gubernatorial appointee to the Virginia Housing Commission; is the Vice Chair of the statewide non-profit Housing Virginia; serves as the Vice Chair of the Board of the Better Housing Coalition; and serves on the Local Advisory Committee of the national non-profit, the Local Initiatives Support Corporation.
Laura received her BA in Religion from the College of William and Mary; and pursued post-graduate work at both Yale Divinity School and the University of Virginia. She resides in Henrico County, Virginia, with her husband and three children.
- Random facts about Laura
- She loves chocolate
- She is an avid runner
- She is particularly handy with demolition work during Affordable Housing Awareness Week
Assistant to the CEO
Kathryn has worked for the Richmond Association of REALTORS® for 26 years. She grew up in Mechanicsville and still resides there today, along with her husband Vince and daughter Shannon. Kathryn loves to keep busy and is always on the move. When she is not at work she is taking care of her family and pets.
- Random Facts about Kathryn
- She enjoys quilting in her spare time
- She makes a mean homemade pizza
- She is an avid NASCAR fan
Chief Operating Officer
Debbie is originally from Emporia, Virginia, and has lived in Richmond since attending college at University of Richmond, where she earned a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. She worked for several years in public accounting after becoming a certified CPA and has experience in both auditing and taxation with clients in many different fields of business. Prior to coming to RAR, she worked for a local land development and housing construction company, and also spent two years working with the Virginia Association of REALTORS®. Her state association experience provided her with a very unique perspective to the relationship among the different REALTOR® associations and their work on behalf of their members. In her current role, Debbie is responsible for the business operations of RAR and CVR MLS. She currently resides in Henrico and appreciates her time with friends and family, particularly her two daughters.
- Random facts about Debbie
- She is a loyal Richmond Spiders fan
- She has enjoyed volunteering with the Richmond Christmas Parade, Habitat for Humanity, and the USO
- She is an enthusiastic patron to the many great restaurants in our area
Patty is from Kentucky; she lived there until the age of 15. Virginia is now her home, where she lives with her husband, Paul, her daughter, Jessica, and 2 Beagles (Willow & Patches). She also has two grown up 'children' named Justin and Kelly, a daughter-in-law named Danielle, and two beautiful grandchildren, Kaylee and Alexis. Patty began her career as a cash office supervisor, then a customer service manager, before she came to RAR 13 years ago.
- Random Facts about Patty
- She once ran into Kyle Petty at a McDonalds on the Southside. After shaking his hand and telling him how much she liked his team, she couldn’t leave until she also told him how much she admires his dad.
- Enjoys spending time with all of her children and grandkids.
- Loves to ride around in her bright red Challenger!
Maxwell’s responsibilities include assisting in preparing financial statements for RAR, CVR MLS and RPAC and ensuring that accounting procedures conform to membership policy. Maxwell was raised in the Deep South (maybe you’ve noticed). He moved to Richmond about 18 years ago and has been with RAR most of the time since.
- Random Facts about Paul
- A few of Paul's favorite things are: fried oysters, cold beer and key lime pie
- He loves watching old movies on TMC on rainy afternoons
- He enjoys putting on a coat he hasn't worn since last year and finding $5 in the pocket
Doug is a New Jersey native who moved to Richmond ten years ago, following the move of his family back in the 90s to the area. Doug graduated from Fairleigh Dickinson University with a B.S. in Business Administration and concentration in Finance/Accounting. Prior to joining the team at RAR, Doug was the Controller for a software company in NJ for 20 years. During his time here at RAR, Doug has taken on the responsibility of facilities management, which offered him the opportunity to see what it takes to maintain a facility, as well as being a landlord.
- Random Facts about Doug
- He enjoys traveling and relaxing at the beach
- He loves to cook
- His favorite form of exercise is cycling
Communications, Marketing & Sponsorship
Marketing & Public Relations Manager
Kate grew up in Richmond and graduated with a B.S. in Communications from VCU, with a concentration on advertising. Kate has worked primarily in ad production, journalism, and digital media prior to coming to RAR in 2010. Kate’s primary interests within her field include copywriting, journalism, event planning and public relations. Outside of work she enjoys traveling, cooking, tinkering with home improvement projects, and musical theater. She still resides south of the James with her husband, James, and their Welsh corgi, Cooper.
- Random Facts about Kate
- She once received a fist-pump from her favorite hockey player, Patrick Marleau (of the San Jose Sharks), after they defeated the Washington Capitals.
- Much to Kate’s husband’s dismay, she will occasionally perform impromptu musical numbers in the kitchen. She makes it up to him by feeding him well.
- She shed a tear (or two) while reading the last book in the Harry Potter series; the riveting emotional climax was further intensified by the sleep lost when she refused to put the 759-page book down.
Lisa grew up in Bucks County, PA, and obtained her B.A. in English Literature from Temple University in Philadelphia. She moved to Richmond in 2003 and started working as an advertising and sales representative. Her past sales experience includes print, online and broadcast media. Outside of work, Lisa enjoys cooking, reading, running and trying out local restaurants with friends.
- Random Facts about Lisa
- She is a self –professed reality TV junkie
- She loves all things caffeinated
- She has run three full marathons
Marketing and Communications Specialist
Bethany was born in Miami, Florida and was raised in King George, Virginia. She fell in love with the University of Mary Washington, where she studied Anthropology and Spanish. After graduation, she became a wine consultant for The Virginia Wine Experience, while singing in her band “Olive Eyes” with her husband, Dorian. Each of these occupations nurtured her passion for Media Arts, which ultimately led her to RAR.
- Random Facts about Bethany
- Her favorite singers are Celine Dion and Barbara Streisand. She would probably scream and cry if she got to meet either diva.
- She spent a semester abroad in Spain, where she lived with a host family. Due to her love of food, her host father, Jose, began calling her “[mi-shell-een]”. For the greater part of her stay she thought the term was endearing, given the article “mi” or “my” in front of “[shell-een]”. However, one day she noticed an advertisement with the Michelin Tire man on T.V., at which her host father began to laugh and said, “Mira, mira! Michelin!” (Look, look! Michelin!”).
Vice President of Professional Development & Compliance
Peggy Lynch is the RAR Director of Professional Development and the compliance officer for CVR MLS. Peggy’s real estate career spans 26 year. She has served as AE for the Southside Virginia Association of REALTORS® and Vice President and Trust Real Estate Division Manager for Signet Trust Company and First Union Bank. Peggy is an NAR Certified Ethics Instructor, Professional Standards Hearing Officer, certified mediator and ASTM Environmental Risk Management Instructor.
- Random Facts about Peggy
- She is an avid animal lover, cats in particular. She is the Director of an all-volunteer cat rescue organization here in Central VA and a member of the Humane Society of the United States National Disaster Animal Response Team.
- Her favorite quote is: "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" -Katherine Hepburn
- She loves the three P's: pearls, perfume, and pink
Caroline was born and raised in Arkansas and graduated from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock with a B.A. in Communication. She has worked within the Real Estate/Construction industry for most of her professional career and she is also a freelance Interior Designer. Caroline enjoys developing curriculum and presentation materials for the Education Department at RAR. When away from work, Caroline loves spending time with her family, exercising, watching movies, and doing anything associated with Interior Design.
- Random Facts about Caroline
- Caroline loves the beach and her favorite place in the entire world is the small fishing village of Destin, FL where she has vacationed every year since childhood.
- Having been a Communication major, Caroline’s favorite quote is from Interactional Theorist and Psychologist Paul Waltzlawick: “The belief that one’s own view of reality is the only reality is the most dangerous of all delusions.”
- Caroline considers drinking an ice cold Diet Coke complete with tiny ice crystals inside to be one of the greatest joys in life!
Professional Development Specialist
Teresa grew up in New Hope, VA (Shenandoah Valley) and graduated with a BSW from VCU. She worked a variety of jobs before coming to RAR-- the most important and the one she still receives joy from was raising two wonderful children. Teresa enjoys helping members with their education questions and finding the best classes for them. Outside of work she loves to visit her children, travel, read, watch her son play baseball, and participate in mission trips. Currently, she resides in Varina with her husband of 30 years, Andy .
- Random Facts about Teresa
- She Loves sports-especially March Madnees (“GO RAMS!”) and college baseball.
- She has visited 21 of the 30 MLB parks and keeps score when she visits.
- She enjoys going on mission trips. In the summer of 2011 she went to Haiti.
Professional Development Coordinator
Linsey grew up in Loudoun County and graduated with a B.A. in Government from The University of Virginia’s College at Wise, with a concentration in Political Science. Linsey has obtained 9+ years experience in the real estate field prior to joining RAR in 2011. Linsey enjoys assisting members of the association with their continuing education requirements and specialty education interests. Outside of work she enjoys entertaining and outdoor recreation activities including boating, camping & cookouts. Linsey lives in Bon Air with her husband, Jeremy, their three children and 13 year old Miniature Pinscher.
- Random Facts about Linsey
- She likes to think of the four basic food groups as: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate and chocolate truffles.
- A favorite quote of Linsey's is: "What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals." - Zig Ziglar
- She loves children and all the surprises they bring; she is also a Sunday School teacher at her church.
Director of Information Technology
Mark grew up in Mechanicsville and attended Lee Davis HS. Mark received his certification as a Microsoft Systems Engineer in 2000. Mark worked previously for V.F. Lanasa a family owned Fruit and Produce Company for 10 years. Mark’s primary interests within his field include Network Security and Systems Integration.
- Random Facts about Mark
- He visits Disneyworld with his kids on an annual basis
- Two items virtually always accompany him wherever he goes: an iPhone and a Monster energy drink
- He is a "gadget enthusiast"
IT Support Specialist
Luke grew up in Hunterdon County, NJ and obtained his B.A. in Psychology from Randolph-Macon College in Ashland, VA. Computing has always been a hobby of Luke’s which has been the focus of his professional career, beginning as an IT Technician for RMC as a freshman. Outside of work, Luke enjoys the outdoors, live music, gaming and entertaining.
- Random Facts about Luke
- He is an avid fan of the New Jersey Devils.
- He could happily eat pizza for every meal, every day.
- He has a serious obsession with his favorite band, Umphrey’s McGee.
Conversion Operations Administrator
Susan was born in WV, but has also lived in a number of cities in TX, OH and MI. Susan moved to Richmond from MI, where she attended Business School. Though Susan has lived in numerous areas in and around Richmond, she currently lives in the west end of Henrico County. Her first "real job" was in a Savings and Loan in downtown Richmond and while there she continued her education, specializing in Lending and Business law. Susan’s main interests include cooking, reading, sustainable living, Bonsai, and her 70lb pit bull, Okii.
- Random Facts about Susan
- She talks to Okii and her Bonsai and they know all of her secrets.
- She has more than a smattering of OCD – the good side of this is that she can find anything at home or in her office at a moment’s notice.
- She used to read approximately a book a day and at the end of a year would have over 300 books to send to her mother and sister to read.
Tracy was born and raised in Petersburg, Virginia. She has worked for CVR MLS a total of 15 years and counting. Tracy prides herself on customer service and the ability to interact with Membership. Outside of work she enjoys home improvement projects and spending time with her family. She still resides in the tri-cities area and has made a loving home for Jackson (her cocker-spaniel).
- Random Facts about Tracy
- Tracy longs to be the next Bob Villa.
- She would love to co-host with the Dog Whisperer.
- Tracy would love to spend her golden years retired on a private island with her pride and joy, Jackson (Baby Jack) Dance.
MLS Technology Support Coordinator
Kirsten was born in Arlington, VA and moved to Richmond in 1985. She graduated with an A.A. in Dental Assisting from J. Sargeant Reynolds and continued her studies at VCU in Business. Kirsten joined RAR/CVR MLS in the summer of 2000. Outside of work she enjoys traveling, cooking, reading, photography, knitting and attending musicals, ballet and the opera.
- Random Facts about Kirsten
- She has been to all but nine states in the United States. It isn’t easy to get to Hawaii or Alaska during a six week cross country trip in a conversion van.
- She would like to one day visit her paternal great-great-grandparent’s home in Czechoslovakia and her maternal grandmother’s home in Ireland.
- She's an avid football fan - Go Broncos!
MLS Technical Administrator
Jim grew up in the Richmond area in the ‘60s and ‘70s, then moved up north to Worcester Massachusetts, later to Roanoke and now resides back here in RVA with his wife. He has seven children, three step-children, and six grandchildren! Jim has been employed here at RAR since 1997 and thoroughly enjoys his interactions with the staff and members of the association.
- Random Facts about Jim
- He loves to read. Very rarely will you catch him without a book close by. He blames his elementary school English teacher for this, as she instilled a love of reading that continues to this day.
- To his chagrin he enjoys online games such as Star Trek Online and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. He eagerly awaits the release of another new game, Diablo III.
- He is currently teaching his 17 year old to drive a stick shift. This could explain the white hairs cropping up in his beard!
Elizabeth Hancock Greenfield
Director of Government Affairs and Member Services
Elizabeth Hancock Greenfield
Elizabeth grew up in Richmond and earned a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science at Virginia Commonwealth University. Prior to joining the Association in 2005, she worked for the law firm of Macaulay and Burtch, P.C. as a legislative consultant representing health care, pharmaceutical and environmental efforts. Elizabeth has a strong background in legislative affairs and works closely with state and local elected officials on issues such as proffers, grantors, and recordation taxes, land use matters, and affordable housing initiatives. She currently resides in the Northside with her husband, Jeremy, and their two weimaraners.
- Random Facts about Elizabeth
- She is a self-proclaimed “political junkie”
- She went skydiving on her 21st birthday
- She’s extremely clumsy, and just might literally bump into you one day
Member Service Specialist
Pamela was born in West Virginia and was raised in Pittsburg and Buffalo. She has been in Richmond for 36 years. With a degree in Food Service Management, she trained hospitality workers, taught cooking classes, owned and managed a local restaurant and created specialty cakes for local restaurants. After management experiences in the manufacturing and banking fields, she returned to VCU to complete her BS degree in Psychology; during that time she worked in a Real Estate office as the weekend Office Coordinator. The focus of her career has been customer service and her focus on the members needs is reflected in her work at RAR. Pamela is mother of 2 wonderful daughters, has 2 extraordinary sons-in-love and 3 very precious and well-loved grandchildren. Outside of work she enjoys spending time with her family and friends, being an active member of her Church Community, walking for exercise, and writing cards and letters.
- Random facts about Pamela
- She was on television every Friday through the late 60’s, as a guest on a noonday talk show in Buffalo. She taught cooking and nutritional tips.
- Words she lives by: Life is short—wear your dream, live your passion and eat dessert first.
- And she wants to remind you that “A SMILE is always in style.”
Member Services Specialist
Stephanie hails from Boston and is an avid Red Sox fan, and a fair weather Patriot’s fan. As a former REALTOR®, she relates to the day-to-day challenges RAR members face, and is ready to lend a helping hand. Stephanie is a mom to two-- a daughter, Jessica, who lives in Richmond, and a son, Marshall, who currently attends JMU. In her free time, you’ll find Stephanie roaming the aisles at local antique stores or cooking up a masterpiece in her kitchen.
- Random facts about Stephanie
- Stephanie’s passport is always at the ready for adventures!
- She firmly believes in the “Thoughts Become Things” philosophy.
- She can turn on that ‘wicked awesome accent’ when necessary!
Member Services Specialist
Heidi is a recent graduate from Liberty University. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice. Although Chesterfield has always been her home, she misses the quiet mountains of Lynchburg. Heidi is mom to one fat chocolate lab. In her spare time, she enjoys reading and watching Turner Classic Movies. Heidi loves to enlighten those around her, sharing random little facts about old movies of no real consequence.
- Random facts about Heidi
- Her new addiction is SOBE water.
- She loves all things sweet.
- Christmas time is her favorite time of year; so much so, that she begins counting down in August, and on any given day in between then and December 25, she can tell you exactly how many days are left.
Member Services Specialist
Jan grew up in Indianapolis and is a graduate of Indiana University. She began her career in the real estate industry over 20 years ago, initially as a REALTOR®, then as an Information Services Manager with the Metropolitan Indianapolis Board of REALTORS®. Jan relocated to Richmond in 2006 with her husband Joe.
- Random Facts about Jan
- Outside of work Jan loves to be outdoors
- She is an avid reader
- She loves to travel
Partnership for Housing Affordability
Program Director, Partnership for Housing Affordability
Channy grew up in Richmond, Virginia and attended James Madison University. She graduated with a degree in Political Science and after a session at the General Assembly, she began her first “real job” with RAR, back in 1989, in the newly created Government Affairs department. She was fortunate enough to spend several years working with Laura (as well as Kathryn and Susan). After several other jobs, including her 8 year stint as a stay at home mom to raise her 2 children Jack & Chandler, she returned to RAR to work for the non-profit Partnership for Housing Affordability and coordinate Affordable Housing Awareness Week. She is very happy to be back!
- Random Facts About Channy
- She loves hot yoga and spending time in the great outdoors
- Her husband is one of 9 children, so they have a huge family that they love to spend time with
- She has started many needle point projects, but has never finished one (she leaves that up to her mother)
Program Director, Partnership for Housing Affordability
Originally from New Jersey, Lynn’s interest in helping to raise funds for nonprofits brought her to RAR to organize the efforts of the Partnership for Housing Affordability and annual Affordable Housing Awareness Week. Lynn and her husband, Eric, have two children.
- Random Facts about Lynn
- She is a ‘foodie’ who loves to raid farmers markets
- She is usually current on the New York Times’ bestseller list
- She enjoys Richmond’s close proximity to the mountains and going hiking