Changes to the Post Licensure Requirements
• The Virginia Real Estate Board Advisory Council has approved new guidelines for the 30-hour educational curriculum for new sales persons.
• The new guidelines for the 30-hour educational curriculum for new salespersons will go into effect on July 1, 2013. The new approved curriculum consists of eight specific courses. Each of the eight courses will be approved only for a specific number of hours. The mandatory categories are as follows: 2 hrs. Fair Housing, 3 hrs. Escrow Management, 3 hrs. Ethics, 8 hrs. Real Estate Law, 3 hrs. Agency, 6 hrs. Contracts, 3 hrs. Risk Management, 2 hrs. Current Industry Trends.
• From July 1, 2013, through December 31, 2013, both tracks for the 30-hour educational curriculum for new salespersons will be in effect and will meet the requirement of the Real Estate Board Regulations.
• After December 31, 2013, only the new guidelines for the 30-hour educational curriculum for new salespersons will be accepted.
• All new salespersons that have started with the educational requirements before the July 1, 2013 date must complete all their educational requirements before December 31, 2013 or the credits will expire and will no longer be accepted for the 30-hour educational requirement for new real estate salesperson licensees.
• During Licensure renewal dates of 7/1/12 - 6/30/14 all licensees must complete the additional 3 hours Residential Standard Agency (RSA) course.
• If you have any questions or concerns about this new requirement, please contact the Richmond Association of REALTORS Education Department at (804) 422-5000.
For a complete list of our classes that carry Post Licensure credit, please view our Course Catalog.