Salesperson's License Requirements
To obtain a Virginia real estate salesperson's license you must:
• Be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have a high school diploma or the equivalent.
• If licensed in another state, be in good standing in any state where licensed.
• Have a good reputation for honesty, truthfulness, and fair dealing. Be competent to transact real estate business in such a manner as to safeguard the public interest.
• Not have been found guilty of violating the fair housing laws of any jurisdiction.
• Meet the current educational requirements** (listed below) by achieving a passing grade in all required courses before sitting for the licensing exam.
• Pass a written license examination approved by the Virginia Real Estate Board.
• Not have had a real estate license revoked or suspended in any state.
• Not have been convicted anywhere for a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude, sexual offense, drug distribution, physical injury or any felony.
Current Virginia Education License Requirements
The Virginia Real Estate Board currently requires anyone wishing to obtain a real estate license to complete, with a passing grade, a State approved 60 hour course called "The Principles of Real Estate." This course covers the principles and practices of real estate, as well as Virginia real estate law.
Click here to Register for the Online Principles of Real Estate Course