All members of the National Association of REALTORS® are required to complete at least 2.5 hours of an approved Code of Ethics training within a three-year cycle.
The current three-year cycle began January 1, 2019. This REALTOR® membership requirement must be satisfied by December 31, 2021.
The purpose of this ongoing training is to enhance professionalism and competency, heighten awareness of the key tenets of the Code of Ethics and to encourage REALTORS® to view the Code as a living, viable guide in their dealings with clients, customers, and the public.
To satisfy this membership requirement, you may:
- Submit evidence of an approved course completion to membership@RARealtors.com.
- Attend a free NAR Triennial Ethics course with RAR. These courses are provided virtually. To view upcoming dates and to register, visit the RAR calendar.
- Attend a CE Mandatory Hours | Agency & Ethics course at RAR. These courses are provided both in-classroom and virtually. To view upcoming dates and to register, visit the RAR calendar.
- Complete a free training online from NAR. This option does NOT provide CE credit.
- Earn the NAR Commitment to Excellence (C2EX) endorsement. This option does NOT provide CE credit.
- Take the course online via The CE Shop.
REALTOR® Appraiser members and Commercial REALTOR® members are required to complete an approved ethics training course as they subscribe to the Code of Ethics and are bound by its obligation. However, REALTOR® Emeritus members are exempt from this requirement. For more information, visit NAR.Realtor.
Members who have attended New Member Ethics Orientation after January 1, 2019 are not required to complete additional ethics training until the next three-year cycle beginning in 2022.
Failure to complete the required ethics training shall be a violation of a membership duty for which membership is suspended and subsequently terminated. This may also lead to possible MLS service disruption.
If you have any questions about this membership requirement, email membership@RARealtors.com or call 804.422.5000.
RAR Real Estate School policies can be found at RARealtors.com.