Traditional password practices are no match for today’s automated, cybersecurity threats. Taking some simple but effective password precautions can help protect your client’s data.
Here are a few recommended practices for a more secure password:
- Don’t require character composition requirements. For example, *&(^%$
- Don’t require mandatory periodic password resets for user accounts
- Don’t store your password in a browser
- Ban common passwords, to keep the most vulnerable passwords out of your system
- Educate your users to not re-use their organization passwords for non-work related purposes