- NAR $185
- VR $180
- RAR $200
Annual Association Dues are $565 for REALTOR® membership.
$17 Dedicated to REALTOR® Party Programming:
- Federal Issues Advocacy – 25% of the increase is allocated to federal advocacy
- State and Local Issues Mobilization Fund – 75% of the increase is allocated to state and local services
$13 Dedicated for Operations and Programming:
- Forms & Transaction Management Platform
- Occupancy Costs
- Strategic Business, Innovation & Technology
- Financial Wellness Program for Members
The Federal Budget Act of 1993 and Tax Act of 2018 eliminated tax deductions for portions of dues used for lobbying activities. The estimated portions allocated by the Richmond-, Virginia- and National REALTOR® Associations for lobbying on behalf of real estate interests are listed below. These figures should be communicated to your tax consultant.
2021 Estimated Non-Deductible Portions of Dues:
- RAR: 7.7% or $13.09
- VR: 11% or $19.25
- NAR: 38% or $57.00
Note that the NAR Consumer Advertising Campaign special assessment of $35 is still considered a deductible expense.
Preserves the Association operating reserves at the level of six
months of operations and maintains the Issues Mobilization,
Legal Action Building (Capital Replacement) funds at current
Sustains, and indexes to inflation, the funding of existing core services:
- Advocacy – Protecting our members’ business interests and
the property rights of all Virginians in the legislature, regulatory
bodies, and the courts.
- Legal Resources – All-Member Legal Hotline, videos, podcasts/
webinars, and education delivered at local associations and our
state association conferences.
- Support to Local Associations – Core Standards support, direct
grants for local programs, AE resources, education delivered at
local associations (legal, GRI, Professional Standards), assistance
with Professional Standards hearings, the AE Conference, Local
Leader programs, etc.
Expands three key strategic goal areas based on an updated
- Economic Advocacy – Adding our influences and resources to
bringing business and jobs to Virginia with the ultimate goal
of more business for our members.
- Success Tools – Providing more resources to help our
members succeed through our conferences, events, and
- Broker Engagement – Increasing the level of professionalism by
providing more resources and education to supervising
brokers and firms
- 218 classes totaling 660 credit hours
- 12 designation and certification classes
- 180 hours of pre-broker education with the Broker Fast Track program
- Expanded Free RAR Stock Library with over 2000 assets for members to download and use in their marketing materials
- Offered three RAR resource workshops w/ focus on video production
- Launch training videos/tutorials on how to use RAR free resource library and how to use Adobe Spark for video creation
- Added unlicensed real estate activity to the Virginia Consumer Protection Act
- Helped pass six bills aimed at lowering Virginia’s eviction rate
- Assisted in crafting Richmond & Henrico’s Short Term Rental Ordinances
- Outstanding Production Awards Reception
- RE TRENDS
- Installation Ceremony and Annual Awards Reception